As you read in the previous post I am determined to finish the Kayla Itsines BBG workout this year. I am on week 2 (almost week 3) of round 1. This workout is NO joke!
I love that Kayla has a worldwide community of ladies who support one another. I thought it would be awesome to share my playlist of music that I enjoy working out to. Even better, I made it to where any BBG Gal can add their favorite songs too and enjoy the playlist as well!
I have always gotten a better workout in when I have music that I love running through my headphones. I also looked up some fun facts about how music improves your workout! They are…
- Music is the good kind of distraction. While the study did suggest there’s more to it than distraction, working out with music did make participants less aware of their exertion. Such a distraction can benefit athletic performance by up to 15 percent, The Guardian reported. The faster the better, according to WebMD: Upbeat tunes have more information for our brains to process, which takes your mind off of that side stitch.
- It ups your effort.– A 2010 study found that cyclists actually worked harder when listening to faster music as compared to music at a slower tempo. But too fast is no good, either. Songs between 120 and 140 beats per minute (bpm) have the maximum effect on moderate exercisers.
- Music puts you “in the zone”.– Everyone has that go-to song that gets you “in the zone,” and there’s science to why it works. We associate certain songs with memories, often relating to the context in which we originally heard them, such as the first time you watched Rocky. Channeling that memory — or even just the emotion of the singer — boosts the motivational power of the song, and has been shown to improve physical performance.
- A good beat can help you keep pace.– The rhythm of your workout music stimulates the motor area of the brain as to when to move, thereby aiding self-paced exercises such as running or weight-lifting. Clueing into these time signals helps us use our energy more efficiently, since keeping a steady pace is easier on our bodies than fluctuating throughout a sweat session.
- Music can elevate your mood.– An August 2013 analysis found that people often listen to music as a way to change their mood and find self-awareness. Study participants said that listening to music allowed them to think about themselves, who they wanted to be and give them an escape from the present. No matter what happened an hour ago, you can use your tunes to help you escape negativity and power you through your workout — and you know you’ll feel great when it’s over.
- It makes you want to move.-You really can’t stop the beat! Researchers found that when music possesses “high-groove” qualities, the brain gets excited and induces movement in the listener. Basically, your playlist has the ability to make you move — no matter how much you’re dreading that workout!
(Information provided by Huffinton Post)
With that said, I would love for you BBG ( and even those who aren’t specifically BBG but like to work on your fitness) to check out my playlist, subscribe and add to it! Let’s make this fun!
Click on the Spotify logo to check it out!
Have an amazing day!
ps.. does anyone kinda miss this style? ;)